Friday, January 15, 2021

"Are you ready???"

What is going to happen in the few days or weeks?  Wouldn't you like to be able to see into the future to know what lies ahead?  The purpose of looking ahead would be and should be to be prepared for what is coming.  That just makes sense.  We all try to plan for the future in one way or another.  Some are saying that we are about to witness dramatic events that will shake our country and the world.  Truthfully, we have already witnessed events that are having a great impact on our nation and that have repercussions all around the world.  Whether it is the virus, the lockdowns, our national election or a thousand other things, life has changed in ways that are perhaps even more dramatic than they did twenty years ago on September 11th, 2001.  So what's next?

I shared back in October, 2020, that I completed the book I had been working on for years:  " ... the end."  In reality it is not "my" book, but rather a compilation of Scriptures with commentary as to why you and I need to know what God says about what is coming upon mankind and upon the earth.  I am writing this blog today to ask you to help me distribute the book and the accompanying study guide to a broader audience.  To date I have sold about 150 copies, but I am praying that God has plans to get it in the hands of more of His people.  This is not about making money, but about getting the truth of God's word into churches all over our country and throughout the world in order to help prepare the true Church for what is to come.  The cost of $15 for the book and $10 for the Study Guide offsets the costs of printing.  We are printing it at the church here at Lighthouse and putting it in spiral binding for easy reading and studying.  The book is 177 pages, printed on 8 1/2 inch x 11 inch paper.  In regular size it would be about 300 pages, so it's not "light" reading.  It is, however, as I said, filled with Scripture from beginning to end, so much of it is not my word, but God's!

In the days ahead I am going to share some brief passages from the book, filled with quotes from God's Word, in an attempt to stimulate interest.  At the end of each post I will continue to let people know how they can order the book and the study guide.  I believe more than ever that many in the visible church are not thinking about "the end" and I am praying that God would use His Word to prepare the "remnant" for the time of tribulation.  In the book I explain that the Church will be called to endure "the Great Tribulation" and that now is the time for God's people to seek wisdom.

So watch for future posts that will include excerpts from the book.  Urge your family, friends and neighbors to purchase a copy.  Think about starting a small group in your church or neighborhood and study God's Word together to see if these things are so.  Pray for the Spirit to give you understanding so that you will be ready to bear witness to Jesus Christ and to stand firm on His truth until He comes.  

I don't know what is going to happen in the coming week, but GOD does!  I DO know what is going to happen in the days and years prior to Jesus' return, because God tells us in His Word.  You and I should want to know all that He has revealed ... no more and no less.  May His Spirit give you a deep spiritual hunger for His truth!  These things are the most practical truths imaginable.  I have seen people gain an understanding of these things and become more confident in what they believe, trusting God in a way they hadn't previously trusted Him.  The study of "end times" need not be a frivolous rollick through a meadow filled with speculation.  God's Word reveals the truth for all who are given eyes to see!

" ... the end." can be ordered by emailing me at pastorsteve@lighthouse-ministries.org.  Begin reading II Peter 3 and I'll continue next time.  And know this:  Whatever happens in the days ahead, our Father in heaven is watching over His children, "and if God is for us, who can be against us?!"


No comments:

Post a Comment