Saturday, December 27, 2014

"So what now?"

When someone brought me a "Read Through the Bible in a Year Plan" last year at this time, I presented it to the congregation I serve and promised that if some of them would read through the Bible with me, I would make a commitment to write a daily blog on the reading for that day.  Some did and we began a year ago.  Amazingly, God gave me health and strength to go through the whole year without missing a day.  Actually, I did make one post at 12:03 a.m., but it was still there for the early risers the next day.  God's grace is sufficient for our every need and His Spirit gives wisdom to those who ask.  Every time you read God's Word, ask His Spirit to be your Teacher.  God hears that prayer every time.

Some have told me they want to go through the Bible again.  All the blogs will remain on our website: lighthouse-ministries.org.  Just keep going to "Blog" and click on the month and then the day (2014).  I also hope to put all the blogs together in some kind of written format that would be available sometime next year.  You'll be the first to know!!  Others have asked if I am going to keep writing blogs every day and my answer is ... MOST days.  I would say that I still have a lot to say, but the reason I still have a lot to say is because there is so much more in God's Word.  God's Word is a treasure that holds within it all you and I need to know about God, about life, about the future and the past, about our purpose and much, much more.  Jesus IS the Way, the Truth and the Life!

Throughout the coming year I am planning to continue to write, but I am committed to continuing to write about the truth of God's Word.  It really doesn't matter what I say ... what matters is what GOD says.  "All Scripture is God-breathed, and is profitable to teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work"  (II Timothy 3:16-17).  This is where YOU can help.

As a pastor I know people often have questions they want to ask about God's Word but either feel uncomfortable asking or don't get an opportunity to do so.  I want to encourage you to ask your questions, so you can send them to me at my email:  pastorsteve@lighthouse-ministries.org ... I promise I won't harass you or put you on a mailing list of any kind!!  I won't even respond directly to your email - unless you ask me to.  If you have a question about what God says in His Word there are quite probably other people who have the same or a similar question.  I would love to use this blog to help people all over the world understand the truth of God's Word and the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I am also aware that there is much false teaching ... in other religions AND, sadly, in the visible church.  There are controversial subjects and debates over what Scripture says about certain social issues.  I will address these, too, as time allows.

I am also planning to work on my "End Times" study, with the hope that it will be ready for publication some time during the year, Lord willing.  The signs of the near return of Jesus are all around us.  From time-to-time I will write about current events, trying to connect Scripture prophecy with what is going on in the world around us.  I sincerely believe that it is possible, if not likely, that the youngest among us (if not more) will see these things unfold.  Paul writes in I Thessalonians 5:4 that those who believe and who know God's Word will not be surprised when that day comes.

Meanwhile, it is time to worship the LORD with His people on the LORD's Day!  He is worthy!!  Worship in the name of Jesus Christ and rejoice in His love for you today and every day as you love Him back.  God's blessings to each of you.  I look forward to hearing from you and continuing to share God's Word with you in the days ahead. ...


No comments:

Post a Comment